Pages

Monday 21 April 2014

I Did Not Deploy Soldiers To Stop Lagos Project-Senator Obanikoro


Minister of State for Defence,Senator Musiliu Obanikoro has debunked rumours making the rounds that he depolyed and mandated soldiers to stop an ongoing project in Lagos State.He said as a Minister,he had no such mandate to deploy troops with the purpose of stoping any project in any part of the country.

The Minister said“By the grace of God, I am a Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I cannot take the military to stop any project. I don’t have such mandate and I cannot go beyond my bounds.

“I reside in Lagos State. I am a stakeholder in Lagos State. I cannot do anything stupid,” he said.

The minister condemned the location of the estate, as well as the cost at which citizens would acquire the accommodation.

“Governor Fashola said ‘low cost’, it is not low cost. You cannot build a low cost housing estate on water, it’s not done anywhere in the world.

“How can a Governor in good conscience tell me that a N16 million 2-bedroom flat is low cost?” Obanikiro asked, adding that as a minister whose annual salary is N2 million, he cannot not even have afforded that.

“When Alhaji Jakande was Governor, I bought a form for N1.50k; I was a clerk working in Union Bank, he actually built for the poor. I bought a form, I bought a flat, and you paid N1,500 to be a house owner at that time.”

No comments: