Pages

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Power Must Shift To Ukwa/Ngwa-T.A Orji


In line with the principles of equity and fair play,governor T.A Orji of Abia State has once again emphasised that power must shift to Ukwa/Ngwa people of the State come 2015.The governor made the declaration in Umuahia when professionals from Ukwa/Ngwa paid him a visit.

He said,"There is no going back on the plans to cede power to Ukwa/Ngwa people.I want you to support this project. I have said it, I am not going back. But you people have to support me. I made a promise that it should be Ukwa/Ngwa. You have to work hard and present somebody that is acceptable and the party will support him and he will be voted for.

“I remember, when I said this, the first attack I had was from an Ukwa/Ngwa person, who said let the best person emerge, making me to look stupid but I know that I am not stupid. If there is fairness and equity, there will be no rancour. But if there is no equity and fairness, anarchy may set in.

“So what I said and we are pursuing will bring peace to Abia. I know that some people will be fighting to thwart this but God will fight for us. I believe that it is the right and proper thing to do.”

“I prayed God to guide me and I decided that for fairness and equity, it will be good for an Ukwa/Ngwa person to be the next governor. You did not lobby me; I did not discuss with any person, only God. This is what I feel God said I should say and do; I think that it is the fairest thing to do.

“When I did it, I discovered that it is the in-thing. If you go to Enugu, Ebonyi, Cross River, and Akwa Ibom, it is the same. Abia State has come of age, it is now age of reasoning not intimidation,”the governor said.

No comments: